• Sambar powder-1tsp
• Cumin seed-1/2 tsp
• Urad dhal-1/2tsp
• Green gram dhal-2tbsp
• Coconut (scrapped)-1tbsp
• Turmeric powder (Optional)-1tsp
• Onion (optional)-1/2
• Rice flour-1tbsp
• Curry leaves-few
• Salt-as per taste
- Chop cabbage. Add to a pressure cooker with green gram dhal, sambar powder, salt, turmeric powder (optional) and 1/2 – 3/4 glass of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- When the steam is completely released, add coconut and rice flour (mixed with water).
- Season with cumin seed and urad dhal in oil and mix with the cooked cabbage.
- Allow it to boil for few more minutes.
- Garnish with curry leaves
- Serve hot with rice.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi