A crisp and thick roti made with maize flour
2 1/2 cup (1/2 kg) maize flour (makkai ka aata)
1/2 cup (100 gm) whole meal (wheat) flour
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
Ghee (clarified butter) for applying
1. Seive together maize flour, wheat flour, salt. Add turmeric powder, oil and mix well using your hands.
2. Add water a little at a time and knead with a light hand to make a soft dough for roti.
3. Divide into balls of equal portions. Roll to form thick medium-sized roti.
4. Heat a Tava (griddle) and grease it with 2-3 drops of oil or ghee.
5. Cook the roti on tava until both sides turn evenly golden brown. Apply ghee.