• 3 cups – soaked moong dal
• 3 litre – Milk
• 2 cups – Sugar
• 1.5 cups – mawa
• 10 – cardamoms, powdered
• 12 tbsp – Ghee
- Grind the soaked moong dal.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed vessel and fry the dal till it is golden in colour and emits aroma.
- Add the milk and cook it till the dal is soft and the milk has been absorbed.
- Add mawa and cook it on a low fire, stirring it continuously, till the dal and the mawa are well blended. Take care to see the dal does not stick to the bottom of the vessel.
- Remove from the fire and keep it aside.
- Make sugar syrup of one thread consistency and add saffron and cardamom powder to it.
- Add the fried dal to the syrup and stir it quickly and mix well.
- Serve hot on a rainy day or during festivals.
Recipe courtesy of Shweta