• Nachini – 3 cups
• Urad Dal – 1 cup
• Salt to taste
• Onion – 1 (optional)
- Soak the nachini for 2 to 3 hours. Drain the water. Dry it thoroughly.
- Dry grind the nachini into fine flour. Keep it aside.
- Soak the urad dal in water for some time.
- Grind the urad dal to a fine paste. Mix with 3 cups nachini flour and salt.
- Keep it aside for fermenting for 4 to 6 hours.
- Cut onion into small pieces.
- Heat some oil in a kadai. Add the onion, fry until it is transparent. Mix it into the dosa batter.
- Make dosas as usual and serve with sambhar, chutney.
Recipe courtesy of Kothai