• 1 – Banana bud (ripe and encasing sweet tasting flowers)
• 1 cup – Coconut Milk
• 1/2 cup – oil
• 1/2 tsp – poppy seeds, ground and made into paste
• 1.5 tsp – cumin powder
• 4 – green pepper
• 1 cup – Onion (chopped)
• 1 tsp – panch phoron
• 1 tsp – coriander seeds, ground and made into paste
• 1 – Bay Leaf
• Turmeric as per required
• Salt to taste
- Free all flowers from the bud. Chop them well after picking out the sticks and transparent petals from them. Boil them in a pan with turmeric and drain out the water.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan.
- First fry onion until it turns brown.
- Set aside the fried onion.
- Pour in green pepper, poppy-seed paste, part of coconut milk and panch phoron.
- Fry them dry with all spices.
- Add the picked, chopped and boiled banana flowers.
- Stir them thoroughly. Add salt to it.
- Pour in the rest of the coconut milk. Cover the pan.
- Cook it over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle onions and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi