• Baby Corn – 1 Kg peeled
• Tomatoes – 4 medium size
• Onions – 3 medium size
• Roasted Groundnut powder (finely ground) – one small cup
• Salt – one tsp
• Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
• Chopped Coriander leaves – 1/4 tea cup
• Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
• Seasoning – Onion seeds, Mustard seeds, Fenugreek seeds, Aniseeds (saunf) and Jeera (1/4 tsp each)
• Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cut baby corn into one inch pieces.
- Add one tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder and pressure cook in 4 cups of water for 10 minutes (until it becomes soft).
- Puree 4 tomatoes. Grind onion into a paste.
- Keep the kadai on the fire. Put 2 tbsps of oil. When hot, add the seasoning and after the seasoning splutters, add the ground onion and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chilli powder and powdered groundnuts and again cook for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked baby corn and boil for five minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves before serving hot. It goes well with Chapatis, Parathas and Pooris.
Recipe courtesy of Chandra