• 1/2 cup – Pasta
• 1/2 cup – Broccoli (cut into small florets)
• 2 tbsp – parmesan
• Lemon zest from 1 Lemon
• Lemon juice from 1/2 Lemon
• 1 tbsp – Pine Nuts
• salt and pepper as needed
• 1 tsp – Red Chilli flakes
• 1-2 tbsp – Olive oil
- Boil water and cook the pasta as per the package instructions. Drain and keep aside.
- Scrap the lemon to gather lemon zest.
- Boil water with 1 tsp of salt, add the broccoli and boil for 4 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Mash the broccoli with a potato masher or fork roughly and mix in the pine nuts, red chilli flakes and lemon zest.
- Place the pasta in a pan and add the broccoli pesto. Squeeze a lemon over it.
- Mix well and sprinkle salt and pepper as per taste, drizzle some olive oil, spoon in the grated parmesan and mix well to coat the pasta.
- Recipe and Image courtesy: Rak`s Kitchen