• 100g – Split Bengal gram (chana dal), soaked
• 1/2 kg – Cabbage
• 1 tbsp – oil
• 1/2 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 3 red chillies, halved
• 3/4 tsp – ginger-garlic paste
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• salt to taste
- Boil chana dal till almost done, taking care that the grains do not get mushy.
- Strain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan; add mustard seeds, red chillies, and ginger-garlic paste.
- Cook for two minutes.
- Add cabbage and cook until soft.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, and the boiled chana dal and mix well.
- Stir and let it cook for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Pavithra