• 4 eggs hardboiled
• 1 tsp- Red Chilli Paste
• 1 tsp- Green chilli Paste
• 1″ Ginger finely chopped
• 2 cloves- Garlic finely chopped
• 2 tbsp -Tamarind juice
• Salt to taste
• 1 medium Onion finely chopped
• A pinch of Ajinomoto (Mono Sodium glutamate)
• 1 tsp- Soya Sauce (optional)
• Oil for frying
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and deep fry in oil till the cover is crisp and brown. Cut them into half lengthwise and keep aside
- Heat a little oil in a pan
- Fry the chopped ginger and garlic pieces
- Add chopped onions and fry well.
- Add the red chilli paste and green chilli paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add soya sauce, tamarind juice, salt and let it boil for a while. Add ajinomoto.
- Turn off heat. Add the eggs and mix well till they are coated with the sauce completely. Tastes good with Chinese fried rice or even with roti/ paratha. Non-egg eaters can use potatoes instead of eggs.
Recipe courtesy of Veena