• 100g – All purpose flour
• 1/2 tsp – Baking powder
• 1/2 tsp – Spice powder
• Rum – to soak mixed fruit
• 200g – Mixed candied peel, raisins, and glaced cherries, soaked in alcohol.
• 100g – Butter or margarine
• Milk- for folding into flour
• 1 tsp – Caramel syrup
• 80g – Sugar, castor
• 1 tsp – Caramel colour
• 1 tsp – Glycerine
• 2- eggs
• 1 tsp – Black Currants essence
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder and mix in the spice powder.
- Soak the mixed fruit in alcohol for 4 days and drain out the excess alcohol from the fruit; mix it into the flour.
- Cream the butter and gradually add the sugar.
- Now add the caramel syrup, glycerine, and the caramel colour, and blend well.
- Add the eggs and essence and blend well.
- Now fold in the flour, adding water or milk if necessary to get a dropping consistency.
- Then pour the batter into a greased, lined, and dusted six-inch tin and bake at 160 degrees centigrade for one hour ten minutes.
- Recipe Courtesy: Mangalorean Recipes.
Recipe courtesy of Walter