• For the dough
• 500 gm – Fine semolina
• 250 gm – Butter
• 30 gm – Powdered Sugar
• 60 ml – Milk
• 60ml – Orange blossom water
• For the filling
• 250 gm – Dried Figs
• 1 tbsp – Sugar.
- Prepare the filling by heating the figs, sugar and enough water to cover it.
- Cook on a low flame until the figs soften.
- Let the water dry completely and remove from flame. Let it cool.
- Prepare the dough by mixing the semolina and sugar together.
- Now rub in the butter, add the milk and orange blossom water and knead into a dough.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- Now make a well in the centre of each ball and put the filling inside.
- Close the opening and flatten it slightly.
- Repeat for the remaining portion.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius .
- Then bake it for 10 to 15 mins.
- Let it cool.
- Serve with tea or milk.
Recipe courtesy of Ayeesha Riaz