• Fresh Palak – 1 cup
• Paneer – 1/4 kg
• Tomato Puree – 1 cup
• Onions – 2 (ground into a fine paste)
• Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
• Cumin seeds -1/4 tsp
• Salt, chilli powder – to taste
• Oil for frying
- Boil palak and cool. Then grind to make a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Cut the paneer into small cubes and fry in oil till golden brown.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add the ground onions and tomato puree.
- To this add salt, chilli powder, garam masala powder and cook till oil leaves the mixture.
- To the well-cooked mixture, add the palak and the paneer cubes. Stir well.
- Add a little water if required. Bring it to a boil and remove from the flame.
- Garnish with freshly cut onions, tomatoes and some cream.
- Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Sumitra