Oranges cooked in sweet syrup
1 kg orange flakes (deseeded)
1 1/2 kg sugar
4 drops orange essence
4 drops orange colour
1. Heat a heavy bottomed pan, add sugar and 1 1/2 cups of water.
2. When the sugar completely dissolves, add orange flakes and keep it covered for 5 minutes.
3. Remove the orange pieces with the help of a strainer and keep aside.
4. Heat the syrup once again with orange colour until it reaches one string consistency.
5. Remove from fire, add orange pieces, essence and mix well.
6. Fill it in a jar to preserve for later use.