• 1 medium sized bowl of coriander chutney.
• 2 tbsp – oil for sauteing the chutney.
• 8 medium sized potatoes.
• 8 slices bread.
• 2 heaped tbsp – Arrowroot powder.
• oil for deep frying.
• salt to taste.
- Saute the green chutney in oil for 5-7 mins till dry.
- Let it cool completely.
- Boil and mash the potatoes while still hot.
- Soak the bread in a little water for 2-3 mins and squeeze out the water completely.
- Add the bread, arrowroot powder and salt to the mashed potatoes.
- Take a small portion of this potato mixture, flatten well and put a tbsp of chutney in the centre.
- Flatten another small portion of potato mixture and put on top of the chutney.
- Press the sides to seal them. Deep fry in hot oil.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Recipe courtesy of Anitha Raheja