• 1 cup – basmati Rice
• 1/2 cup – Sugar (or according to taste)
• 1/2 cup – water
• pinch of Saffron
• 3-4 – small Cardamoms
• 1/2 cup – pure Ghee
• 1/2 cup – mixed nuts (raisins sliced)
• Almonds, blanched and sliced
• Silver foil (optional)
- Preboil the rice till a little underdone and drain the water.
- Mix the sugar with the water, saffron and cardamoms, to make the sugar syrup.
- Heat the ghee and lightly fry the rice. Add the sugar syrup and nuts to the rice.
- Cover and simmer on very low flame till done.
- Serve hot garnished with silver foil (if using) and a few almonds.