• 3 pounds – green Cabbage
• 3 apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
• 1 cup Raisins
• 0.6 cup hot Orange juice
• 1 tbsp Lemon juice
• 1/4 cup frozen unsweetened Apple juice concentrate
• 0.35 cup of broth
• 1/2 cup matzo meal
• 1 tsp Cinnamon
• 8 Egg whites
• 1/2 tsp Cream of tartar
• 1/2 tsp salt
- Rinse cabbage, core and shred coarsely like wide noodles.
- Cover with water, add salt and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Drain well and spread out to cool on a baking sheet.
- Squeeze dry, by handfuls, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add apples, raisins, orange juice, lemon juice, apple juice concentrate and broth and mix gently.
- Sprinkle matzo meal and cinnamon over the cabbage mixture and combine.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a separate bowl until stiff (holds a peak).
- Fold egg whites into cabbage mixture and turn into a 2-quart rectangular casserole that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and nutmeg and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
Recipe courtesy of Sify Bawarchi