• 2 cups – Maida
• 1 cup – Sugar powder
• 2 tbsp – cocoa powder
• 2 – eggs
• 4 tbsp – Butter or oil
• 1 tsp – baking powder
• Water or curds as required
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Take maida, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
- Sieve them twice so that they blend well.
- Beat sugar and butter/oil in a bowl, then add 2 eggs and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, 2 to 4 tbsp at a time, and fold.
- You can add water or curd at this stage to get the cake batter consistency.
- Pour into a baking tray and bake until done and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Recipe courtesy of Sushma Padur