Spicy fried baati snack
8-10 baati, crushed
1 large chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
Pinch of hing (asafoetida)
1-2 dry red chilies
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
2 tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a kadhai, add hing, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilies, kasoori methi and allow it to crackle.
2. Add onion and fry until golden brown.
3. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, lemon juice and fry for two minutes.
4. Add crushed baatis, salt, sugar and fry until crisp, for abut 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes