• 2 big Onions
• one small piece Ginger
• garlic-2 to 3 pods
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 2 tsp – chilli powder
• 1 tsp – coriander powder
• 1 tsp – Garam Masala
• Curry leaves
• 1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp – Cumin seeds
• 1/2 tsp – Fenugreek seeds
• 2 cups – small dried Prawns or fresh Prawns
• 4 – small Brinjals
- Heat oil in a kadai, fry the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions, ginger and garlic and let it fry a bit more.
- Add turmeric, chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt.
- Now add the prawns and keep cooking on a low flame till the prawns are well cooked.
- Now add the finely cut brinjals, a little water and keep stirring till the brinjals are also cooked. Check for salt.
- This dish is very delicious to eat with chapattis or bread.
Recipe courtesy of Bindu Nair