• 100 g – khoya (dry solid milk)
• 50 g – coconut, grated
• 50 g – Rice flour
• 2- banana, ripe
• 2 cups – Milk
• 1 tsp – Cardamom powder
• 1 tbsp – Ghee
• 3 cups – Sugar
• 1.5 cups water
• 50 g – Almonds
• 50 g – melon seeds
• Raisins for garnish
- Pour khoya and coconut and mix well.
- Add ghee and fry them lightly on low heat until you get a nice aroma.
- Add banana and cardamom and mix well.
- Add almond and melon seeds and mix well.
- Grind the almond and melon seeds together in blender.
- In a non-stick pan, boil rice flour with two cups of milk and stir well till the mixture thick.
- Add the mixture of rice and the mixture of khoya, coconut, banana, almond and melon seeds together.
- Heat sugar and water in a pan, stir continuously and prepare one-string syrup by dissolving sugar in the water.
- Now add sugar syrup in ready mixture, mix well and stir till the mixture looks thick.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Make equal size of round laddoos (small round balls).
- Garnish with raisins.
Recipe courtesy of Modak laddoo