• 250 gms – bacon without the rind
• 100 gms – macaroni
• 4 tbsp – Milk
• 2 tbsp – flour
• 4 tbsp – grated cheese
• 2 tsp – pepper powder
• 2 tbsp – Butter
• 2 – eggs, beaten
• 1 tsp – chopped Garlic
• Salt to taste.
- Cook the macaroni in salted water till done. Strain and keep aside.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry with 1/2 tsp butter till brown
- Make a paste of the flour with a little water.
- Warm the milk and slowly add the flour paste to it. Stir till smooth.
- Add the butter and cook on a low heat till the sauce thickens, stirring all the time.
- Take down and cool.
- When the sauce is lukewarm, add the fried bacon, cooked macaroni, pepper, chopped garlic, salt and beaten egg and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake in a moderate oven (355 degrees F) for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with any kind of bread of rolls.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White