• 2 cups- uncooked Rice (of your choice, preferably basmati)
• 2 cups- boiled mixed vegetables
• 2 cups- bhaji (pav bhaji ka bhaji)
• 1/2 tsp- pav bhaji masala
• 1/2 tsp- Cumin seeds (jeera)
• 2 tsp- Ghee
• 1 tsp- chopped coriander
• 50 gms- Butter
• 50 gms- Raisins
• 100 gms- Cashewnuts
• salt to taste
- Boil the rice, each grain of the rice should be separate, drain and cool.
- Heat the ghee and fry cashew nuts and raisins, remove both and keep aside.
- In the same ghee, add cumin seeds and fry for a minute. Add bhaji and fry for 2 minutes.
- Apply a little butter at the bottom of the baking bowl; make layers of the rice and bhaji.
- First add half the rice then bhaji, pav bhaji masala, butter and finally the remaining rice.
- Cover and bake in a hot oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish with cashew nuts and raisins. Serve hot with raita.
Recipe courtesy of Sunita Anil Asser