• 1/2 kg – Gherkins cut into rings
• 2 tbsp – Coconut paste
• 2 tsp -chilli powder
• 2 – onions, chopped
• 1/2 tsp – Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp – coriander powder
• 1/2 tsp – cumin powder
• salt to taste
• 2 tbsp – oil
- Heat oil in a suitable pan and fry the onions till they turn golden brown.
- Add the gherkins and stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and stir well.
- Add very little water and cook covered on low heat till the gherkins are cooked.
- Add the coconut paste and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with rice or as a side dish with rotis or chapattis.
- Recipe Courtesy: Anglo-Indian Recipes
Recipe courtesy of Bridget White