• Chapathi atta – 200 g
• Jeera – 1 tsp
• Chilli powder – 1 tsp
• Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
• Yoghurt – 3-4 tbsp
• Saunf powder – 1 tsp
• Cooking oil – 1/2 kg
• Salt – 1/2 tsp
- In one bowl take 200 g chapathi atta. Add jeera, chilli powder, turmeric powder, saunf powder and salt. Mix it well.
- Add 3 to 4 tbsp yoghurt and 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- Add very little water. Mix it well to make a soft dough.
- Keep it for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take a small ball from dough and roll it. Not very thick, not very thin.
- In kadai, take 1/2 kg cooking oil and heat it on boiling temp.
- Slow the fire and insert a rolled puri into the oil slowly. Within no time the puri puffs up.
- Turn it and fry for a while.
- Take out the puri and place on tissue paper to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot puri with pickles.
Recipe courtesy of Aruna Bhagat