• 1 tin condensed Milk
• 500 g – apples
• 3 tbsp- Butter
• 2 tbsp- Sugar
• 1.5 cup- fresh bread crumbs
• 1 tsp- Cinnamon powder
- To prepare Khova:
- Empty a tin condensed milk in a microwave proof dish.
- Cook without covering, on medium power for 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- Cook further on medium low (30%) power for 10-12 minutes, stirring every two minutes till you have khova of required consistency.
- Remember that the khova will continue to cook for few more minutes while cooling and become slightly thicker.
- Cool completely, knead till smooth and use as required.
- To Prepare Apple Khova Crumble:
- Peel, core and chop apples. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of water and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Mix with the khova.
- Spread the apple khova mixture in shallow glass pie dish and place in the refrigerator.
- Mix butter and sugar with bread crumbs. Add cinnamon powder.
- Spread in a baking tray and bake in mode oven till the crubs are golden brown.
- The mixture can be cooked stirring in a kadai if baking is not convenient. Cool and store in air tight container.
- To serve, spoon the khova into small individual desert bowls and sprinkle generously with the crumble.
Recipe courtesy of Chandra Bhat